Thursday, November 24, 2011

I'm Thankful For...

In honor of Thanksgiving, I decided to make a post about some things that I'm thankful for. Here are ten things that I don't know if I could live without (in no particular order):

1. My Family
I'm so grateful for my family. I'm thankful that my parents raised me the way they did and had such high expectations for me. It has made me the person that I am today. I'm glad they pushed me in school, made me go to church, and made me keep taking piano lessons even though I begged and begged them to let me stop until I was about 15 (they told me I could stop as soon as I learned every single hymn in the hymnbook...yeah, didn't happen). I'm also thankful for my brother and the example he is to me. He's always been there for me, especially these last few months as I've started college. Also, if you haven't already noticed, I'm kind of spoiled. You can thank my parents for that (I know I am!).

2. Chocolate
I think pretty much anyone who knows me can agree that I'm a chocoholic. But I can't help it! I honestly don't know what I would do without it. It's what keeps me sane, especially after a long, stressful day.

3. Sleep
Yes, I know it's hard to believe that I actually like sleep with the amount that I've been getting lately. But it's true! I love sleep. I probably won't be saying that when I'm still up at 4 in the morning, but just know that it's the truth. Sleep is awesome.

4. My Roommates
I seriously couldn't have asked for better roommates. We all get along, and we have so much fun together. I was kind of nervous before this semester started because I have a hard time making new friends, especially with people who are different from me, so I wasn't sure how it was going to go. But I love them! They are the best and have helped make college so much better for me.

5. Music
I love music. It's so calming and stress-relieving. Sometimes I like to just sit and listen to music and think. It makes everything so much better.

6. Rain
Rain is absolutely amazing. It is so beautiful and just makes me happy. It doesn't rain a lot in Arizona, so when it does I cherish it. Maybe one day I'll live in Washington and then I can enjoy the rain all the time :)

7. My best friend, Caitlin
Caitlin made a post all about me, so I feel like I owe her. So I'll make this short and sweet. Caitlin is an awesome best friend and roommate. I don't know what I would do without her. Even though there have been many times when we've wanted to kill each other, we're basically sisters and can pretty much talk about anything. I'm so glad she wanted to come to BYU and share a room with me :)

8. Piano
I love playing the piano. As I mentioned earlier, I didn't really start enjoying it until I was about 15, but I kept playing because my parents made me. Then something clicked, and I just always loved it. It helps me relieve stress and it's a way for me to express myself. I don't know what I would do if I couldn't play.

9. Education
I'm so grateful for the opportunity I have to receive an education at BYU. It really is an amazing experience that not everyone gets. Whenever I feel like being lazy or not going to class, I think about all the people who wish they were here but aren't and all the money being paid for me to go here. I need to take advantage of all the educational opportunities I have because I know some day I will be able to use them to benefit others.

10. The Gospel of Jesus Christ
I decided to save the best for last. I don't know what I would do if I wasn't a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It really has shaped my life and brought me so much happiness. I have a very strong testimony of this gospel and wouldn't give it up for anything in the world.

1 comment:

  1. I'm happy we room together, too. We're pretty awesome together :D

    ReplyDelete