Monday, December 5, 2011

Hello December

So I'm not really sure what to say about this past week. It's definitely had its share of ups and downs. But through it all I'm staying positive and happy and I'm not letting anything bring me down. Experiences from the past have taught me that when life throws something at you, take it with a smile and stay strong. Plus, this week has definitely been way better than it could have been. For example, Friday night I was feeling kind of down because all of my roommates had their own plans except for me, but then I got invited to go ice skating with three guys from my ward and it turned out to be a pretty fun night! Then on Saturday I went to the temple with two of my roommates and it was a great experience. This is the first time I've been since I've come to college, and it was so nice to have that Spirit again and just be able to escape the world for a couple of hours.

I've been thinking a lot about the future lately. I decided I'm definitely going to stay here for spring semester. I've also been thinking about my major. Journalism is what I want to do, but I'm still not entirely committed to it and I'm keeping my mind open to other possibilities. And even though I really like journalism, it's hard for me to decide which aspect of it I want to focus on. I enjoy writing, editing, and designing, but I can't take classes geared to all three. But I still have like a year to figure all that out, so it's not that big of a deal right now.

Life is pretty good right now, and I only have four days of class left! Yay! Then I have finals, but for some reason I'm not really feeling stressed out at all. Maybe it's because I've lost a lot of motivation and I just want this semester to be over already, but I don't know. The only class I'm really concerned about is psychology, but I'm doing fine in the rest. So we'll see how everything goes. Also, I can't believe it is December already! I know I say this all the time, but time is going by so fast. I guess that's what happens when you're so busy all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment